By Des May
One week remaining in the round robin matches to decide the pairings for the Cup, Shield and Plate Finals. Two placings have been decided but every team has much still to play for.
- Team A continue to top the table on maximum points and are guaranteed a place in the Cup Final. However, they can still be overtaken at the top of the table by second placed Team E, who they play next week.
- If Team E fail to win or draw that match then they too may be caught by Team B, currently lying in third but, who may just grab second place and snatch a place in the Cup Final with a win over Team C next week.
- If Team B lose next week they will miss out on the Cup Final and could possibly drop from the Shield Final to the Plate Final if Team D manage to beat Team F.
- If Team D lose next week and Team C draw or win then Team D will drop to the Plate Final and Team C will contest the Shield Final.
- Finally, Team F without a win yet, will definitely contest the Plate Final but, next week offers the last opportunity to convert their undoubted potential to league points and make a statement of intent for whoever they may meet in the Plate Final.
All to play for…