The Bord na nOg agm on Saturday evening last was well attended by club members and Bord na nÓg coaches. All attendees were presented with a Bord na nÓg Annual Report, which provided information on the various under-age grades.
Each coaching team set out their findings in the report for 2014, including issues such as attendance levels, games played, success levels and suggestions for improvement.
Both John Sweeney, Chairman, and Tom Carney, Secretary, gave an individual report re: Bord na nóg, while both went through the Annual Report. John Sweeney gave a brief outline of the key actions and various components of the new Coaching Strategy. A number of issues were discussed with the people in attendance.
Some bullet points of relevance:
– Declan O`Loughlin was congratulated on his new appointment with the newly established Robe Rockets,
– Declan O`Loughlin highlighted the success of the newly established under-age girls team,
– A discussion took place regarding where in some cases children in other clubs were being told to stay at home for matches (as they would not make the first 15 and would not get a game). This was fundamentally criticised as it went against the core of Bord na nÓg, and Ballinrobe club advocates a fully inclusive approach,
– Peter Staunton was appointed as Chairman of Bord na nÓg, Keith McTigue as Secretary, and Tom Carney as Assistant Secetary,
– Michael Coyne praised all volunteers within the club and congratulated the club on the new coaching strategy.