By Mary Langan
Cost is €2 per evening payable on the evening.
- Gum shields & runners must be worn.
- Scoring: 3 points for a win, 2 points for a draw, 1 point for losing by three or less scores. In the event of a tie, final placings will be determined by total goals scored.
- 5-a-side games if both teams have 5 players. 4-a-side games if one or both teams have only 4 players. If any team has less than 4 players a temporary substitution from another team will be made if possible to facilitate a 4-a-side game. This may not always be possible so please make every effort to attend each week – your team needs you.
- During the game a hand-passed score counts as one point and a kicked score counts as three points.
- Ladies Gaelic football rules apply for pick-up, hand-pass, movement with the ball, etc.
- A player is allowed two solos or a solo and a hop before they must pass or shoot.
- A player must be in the opposition’s half to score.
- The ball may hit the side wall without penalty.
- If an attacking player hits the ball against the end wall, the defending team gains possession and re-starts the game from under their goal. Before the re-start no attacking player is allowed inside the blue semi-circle zone. If a defending player hits the ball off the end wall, the attacking team gains possession at centre court.
- Teams must have at least one player in each half of the court at all times. If a team fails to do so, the opposing team is awarded a free from the opposition’s blue semi-circle.
- When a free is called the defending player must step back 5 paces from the free taker.
- A defender may block a player or attempt to strike the ball from her hands but no tackling allowed – i.e. no grabbing, pushing or striking an opposing player to any degree. A player guilty of persistent fouling or dangerous play will be sin binned for 3 minutes.
Leave a Reply