Ballinrobe GAA club was founded in 1887 and celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2012.
The club plays its home games at Flanagan Park, which is named after Mick Flanagan who won two All-Ireland senior football championship medals with Mayo in 1950 and 1951.
Mick was a native of Castlebar but practised as a solicitor on Main Street in Ballinrobe for many years. He was just 32 years of age when he passed away on January 25, 1961.
Flanagan Park was officially opened by GAA President, Hugh Byrne, in May, 1963.