Our u14 ladies are playing their second round of championship this Monday at 7:30 in the Lough. After a thrilling game on Monday where Ballinrobe finished as victors on a score line of 4-10 to 5-6, the girls are now focusing on their game against Tourmakedy. Coming from 8 points behind at the break, our girls rattled the opposition, scoring 3 goals without reply. Our defence stood strong and solid as we coasted with points from both our full and half forward lines. Both midfielders and half backs had put in serious mileage with our full backs and superstar goalie holding down the fort as we drove forward. Our fresh legged subs were crucial and were involved in every play as soon as they arrived on the pitch. Everything was looking as nicely wrapped as the silage this year, until Kilmoremoy gave one last push that ended up in the back of the net.
The ref blew it up and on the hottest day of the year, we were into extra time. Closer to a game at Wimbledon than the one of Croke Park standard that we had witnessed in normal time, the ball was back and over between both sides, point for point. After the longest six minutes of these girls’ lives, Ballinrobe finished ahead by the smallest of margins. For the first time in decades, Ballinrobe have an u14 competing in championship, and by God are they ready for it.
Picture & Video Gallery
Created with flickr slideshow.
Results & Reports
GAA News Feeds
Here are some GAA news from RTE and GAA News Feeds:
- Celbridge boss hopes upset players make Kildare u-turn (GAA)
- 'It probably does bring Dublin back into the pack' (GAA)
- Davy: Play league and provincial club after Christmas (GAA)
- Read the latest Club Newsletter - September 2020 (The GAA - Latest News)
- Ó Sé expects Kerry to receive stern test Leeside (The GAA - Latest News)
- AIB & Sportsfile call for photographs of 'The Toughest Season' (The GAA - Latest News)