As you may know, we are taking on Ballinrobe RFC and Ballinrobe Town AFC in Mission: Slimpossible!
We have created a special Mission: Slimpossible! section on the club website HERE – this will be updated on an on-going basis.
And there’s also the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/slimpossibleballinrobe
Good luck to our 20 participants and well done to all of them for taking on the challenge.
But everyone can be involved in our training sessions – and that’s what we want. The more the merrier. Last night, we had a good turn-out of participants, friends, family and club members for our first session, a walk or run around the town.
Our next session is tomorrow morning, Sunday, January 12th, in the Green, at 10am. You can walk or run. You can walk or run as far and as fast as you wish – zero pressure. It will be good fun and a chance to exercise with friends, colleagues and family.
Young and old are welcome. We had a child (and not that small of a child either) being pushed around the town last night.
The club approach to Mission: Slimpossible! can be summarised as follows:
- Let’s support our 20 participants
- Let’s get as many people as possible out to take part in our sessons
- Let’s have fun while promote a healthy lifestyle among our members, families and friends
- Let’s help to raise good money for the Friends of Grace charity, who get the proceeds from admission and raffle on the final night
- Let’s wear club gear to sessions and get-togethers – we have a strong sense of ‘club’ in everything we do, so let’s bring that into Mission: Slimpossible!
- Let’s win it (while we’re at it!)
Tomorrow morning, bring runners and wrap up well.
Also tomorrow, at about 4pm, three representatives from Mission: Slimpossible! will be interviewed on Mid West Radio. Our rep is John Culhane. Tune in.
We are very grateful to Motivation Weight Management for their extremely generous support of this event – they really have pulled out all the stops, and all free of charge – and also to Lakeside Sports & Leisure Centre who are making their coaches and facilities available, also free of charge.
Visit Motivation Weight Management website HERE