Our u14 ladies are playing their second round of championship this Monday at 7:30 in the Lough. After a thrilling game on Monday where Ballinrobe finished as victors on a score line of 4-10 to 5-6, the girls are now focusing on their game against Tourmakedy. Coming from 8 points behind at the break, our girls rattled the opposition, scoring 3 goals without reply. Our defence stood strong and solid as we coasted with points from both our full and half forward lines. Both midfielders and half backs had put in serious mileage with our full backs and superstar goalie holding down the fort as we drove forward. Our fresh legged subs were crucial and were involved in every play as soon as they arrived on the pitch. Everything was looking as nicely wrapped as the silage this year, until Kilmoremoy gave one last push that ended up in the back of the net.
The ref blew it up and on the hottest day of the year, we were into extra time. Closer to a game at Wimbledon than the one of Croke Park standard that we had witnessed in normal time, the ball was back and over between both sides, point for point. After the longest six minutes of these girls’ lives, Ballinrobe finished ahead by the smallest of margins. For the first time in decades, Ballinrobe have an u14 competing in championship, and by God are they ready for it.
Picture & Video Gallery
Created with flickr slideshow.
Results & Reports
- LIVE: 2nd Half v Davitts on #spreaker #gaa #mayogaa https://t.co/dTMdFhJwB6 07:45:17 PM October 21, 2017 from Spreaker
- LIVE: Ballinrobe v Davitts Senior Championship Relegation Final on #spreaker #gaa #mayogaa https://t.co/Q9w5gtJuNF 06:58:51 PM October 21, 2017 from Spreaker
- New post: U15s in County semi-final https://t.co/wSsNLXrTwB #gaa #mayogaa 12:01:29 PM October 21, 2017 from Wp-to-tw gaa
GAA News Feeds
Here are some GAA news from RTE and GAA News Feeds:
- LGFA and camogie can learn from rugby controversy (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- At a glance: Club championship Sunday (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- Tir Chonaill success story built on solid foundations (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- Turlough O'Brien: 'It was a fantastic year for Carlow' (The GAA - Latest News)
- Scotland defeat Ireland in Hurling-Shinty Senior International (The GAA - Latest News)
- Darren Gleeson announces retirement (The GAA - Latest News)