Our u14 ladies are playing their second round of championship this Monday at 7:30 in the Lough. After a thrilling game on Monday where Ballinrobe finished as victors on a score line of 4-10 to 5-6, the girls are now focusing on their game against Tourmakedy. Coming from 8 points behind at the break, our girls rattled the opposition, scoring 3 goals without reply. Our defence stood strong and solid as we coasted with points from both our full and half forward lines. Both midfielders and half backs had put in serious mileage with our full backs and superstar goalie holding down the fort as we drove forward. Our fresh legged subs were crucial and were involved in every play as soon as they arrived on the pitch. Everything was looking as nicely wrapped as the silage this year, until Kilmoremoy gave one last push that ended up in the back of the net.
The ref blew it up and on the hottest day of the year, we were into extra time. Closer to a game at Wimbledon than the one of Croke Park standard that we had witnessed in normal time, the ball was back and over between both sides, point for point. After the longest six minutes of these girls’ lives, Ballinrobe finished ahead by the smallest of margins. For the first time in decades, Ballinrobe have an u14 competing in championship, and by God are they ready for it.
Picture & Video Gallery
Created with flickr slideshow.
Results & Reports
- Congrats to Evan O'Brien and his Mayo U20 colleagues on reaching the AI Final with a great win over Derry in a huge… https://t.co/f40PLtCw9d 07:57:14 PM July 14, 2018 from Twitter for Android
- Best of Luck to Evan O'Brien and his Mayo U20 colleagues in the AI SF tomorrow v Derry at 4pm in Carrick on Shannon… https://t.co/06Afvu91At 04:41:41 PM July 13, 2018 from Twitter for Android
- New post: Best of luck to Evan O’Brien and the U20 Mayo Team https://t.co/kGk1ZGcjqz #gaa #mayogaa 03:40:23 PM July 13, 2018 from Wp-to-tw gaa
GAA News Feeds
Here are some GAA news from RTE and GAA News Feeds:
- Limerick's space creation project is serving them well (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- Barry Moran to retire from inter-county football (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- Mickey Harte remains the master of improvisation (RTÉ Sport gaa)
- Eoghan Kerin thrilled to be part of the Tribe (The GAA - Latest News)
- Mikey Sheehy: 'They brought a lot of energy' (The GAA - Latest News)
- Tally's fingerprints 'all over' Galway footballers (The GAA - Latest News)